The latest HTC J Butterfly comes packing water-resistant features as well as dual cameras similar to the HTC One M8 announced for Japanese carrier KDDI.
The HTC J Butterfly packed with a 13MP rear shooter instead of an Ultrapixel camera like in One M8. The J Butterfly still includes the Duo camera arrangement but the company dubs it as Duo effect in J Butterfly. The phone is powered by 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 5-inch FHD display, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage, Dot View cases. and 2700 mAh battery.
HTC J Butterfly specifications
- 5.0-inch Super LCD 3 Full HD, 1920 x 1080 pixels display
- 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, microSD card slot for expansion
- 13MP rear camera with depth sensor (HTC Duo camera) and 5MP front camera
- Connectivity: IR Blaster, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 4G LTE
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- Battery: 2700 mAh
- Size and weight: 70 x 145 x 10 mm, 156 grams
- Available in Rouge, Canvas, Indigo colors
There is no information provided by KDDI on the pricing right now and it will be revealed closer to the availability.
The J Butterfly appears to be Japan-only for now and will be available in late August 2014, but given the past track record of the Butterfly series of devices, it’s likely to head to the rest of Asian and European markets as HTC Butterfly and may even land in the US as the Droid DNA for Verizon, like its predecessor, the Butterfly S.
Via : KDDI (Translated in English)