Verizon wireless throw a operating system update to Android 4.4.2 that will improve the performance of your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. Though the updates for Samsung flagship device is a relatively small.
Verizon hardly sends updates for the devices and in this update, Verizon’s Caller Name ID, Message+ and Cloud apps have all been updated. After updating your device you will find software version KOT49H.G900VVRU1ANE9 whit other fixes and improvements. This update will probably make an overall smoother experience for device user. Below is the list of resolve issues and added new supports.
Resolved issues in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
- ‘Search’ icon has been removed within Memo when there is no memo
- Favorite ‘Contact’ information background is now more readable
- Visual Voicemail works when S-View flip cover is closed
- Connectivity has been improved when streaming music
- Stability has been improved for Samsung Gear Manager
- Text alert improvements for select factory installed car kits
- “Primary Contacts” label has been changed to “Emergency Contacts” when in Emergency Mode
- Power On password
Newly Added support in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
- User selectable video application when uploading to YouTube
- Message+ now supports closed captioning
- Emergency Mode has been updated
- Contact Menu stability has been enhanced
- Easy Mode Settings now includes images
- ‘Downloaded Apps’ field added to searchable file types in My Files
- Web Search has been added to S Finder
According the reports all over the internet, this small update is not for root user. As this update is breaking root access! Also you cannot root it back either with the help of Towelroot App. So if you want to keep your root access don’t update your galaxy S5. Wait for sometime until everything is cleared out or you can take a chance and see what happens with your rooted device!
Those who want to update their Samsung Galaxy S5 device, go to the settings and check for updates.
Source : Verizon