Samsung Galaxy S5 mini listed on official website and it seems to be close to launching the smartphone in India, which was announced by Samsung back in July.
As far as specifications are concerned, the device sports a 4.5-inch HD Super AMOLED (1280 × 720 pixels) display and is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core processor. It has 1.5GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage with MicroSD card expandable up to 64GB. Galaxy S5 Mini features 8-megapixel rear camera, 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera, and a 2,100mAh battery.
The device also includes heart rate sensor, fingerprint scanner integrated into the home button and IP67 certification to make the device water and dust resistant like the flagship Galaxy S5. Connectivity options include dual-SIM card slots, Bluetooth 4.0, IR Remote, Wi-Fi, and on the software front, it runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat wrapped under the Samsung’s TouchWiz UI.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Specification
- 4.5-inch HD Super AMOLED (1280 × 720 pixels) display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Dual-SIM, Micro-SIM (3FF)
- 8.0 MP rear camera with LED Flash, FHD (1920 x 1080) @30fps Video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- 1.5GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- MicroSD card support up to 64GB
- Proximity Sensor, HR Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Accelerometer, Light Sensor, S-voice
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz, HT40, Bluetooth v4.0, Glonass, GPS
- Resistant to sweat, rain, liquids, sand and dust
- Ultra Power Saving Mode
- 2,100mAh Battery
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini will be available in black colour and there is however no word on the pricing or the availability of the device.
Source: Samsung India