Samsung has unveiled Samsung Galaxy S5 4G LTE variant of its Galaxy S5 smartphone in the Indian market. The Galaxy S5 4G LTE has been priced at Rs 53,500 and will be available from July 20.
Galaxy S5 4G is powered by a 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor and supports eight 4G LTE bands – B1 (2,100), B2 (1,900), B3 (1,800), B5 (850), B7 (2,600), B8 (900), B40 (2,300) and B28 (700). On the other hand, the Galaxy S5 variant earlier launched in India runs on a Samsung Exynos processor and can only download data via 2G, 3G and Wi-Fi networks, but not 4G.
The rest of the specifications remain the same in Galaxy S5 4G variant, so essentially you get a smartphone with 5.1-inch 1080p display, 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, 16-megapixel rear camera, 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera, and a 2,800mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy S5 4G LTE Specifications
- 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 SoC with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat wrapped under Samsung’s new TouchWiz UI
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and Ultra HD video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for dust and water resistance
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 145 grams
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO)
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and IR Blaster, GPS, USB 3.0
- 2800 mAh Battery
The Samsung Galaxy S5 4G LTE will be available in Copper Gold, Charcoal Black and Shimmery White colors. Samsung has tied up with Airtel to provide buyers 5GB of 4G data/month free for 2 months. And Samsung is also providing a Rs 10,000 upgrade offer for existing Samsung smartphone users.